Thursday, August 7, 2008

Long time no blog..

So I haven't posted in a while due to the fact of flying back and forth from where my beau is, and working 12 hr shifts to make up for the time that I was away. I swear, when you work 12 hours everyone knows and tries to give you a hard time over the most simple things. The past weeks have been full of giving statements to DEA's about forgeries that we catch, fixing a dumb-ass pharmacists mistakes, and walking my pooch. About the forgeries. I happened to be the person who caught both, go me! I like the catch them, but I don't like the fact that you have to write a witness statement explaining everyyythinngg. I mean, you take the RX, notice it is crap, and tell the person to leave. We have a Pharmacist who I'm pretty sure I've mentioned here, if I didn't, then I'm surprises. I HATE working when he is closing. He's not too bad when there is another Pharmacist around. But as soon as they leave he acts like a 10 yr old and doesn't do his job. Unfortunately he acts the same way about checking RX's. He lets mistakes slip through, and is too chicken to call the patient to say hey, what you got is wrong. There are 2 things that bother me the most about how he does his job.
#1 He wants to do everything, including the tech's job. And when he does that he screws that up! When there is a new patient, instead of filling out the HANDY new patient form, he scribbles all of their info on the FRONT of the RX. He doesn't ask if they have any medical problems, or if they have any allergies.
#2 Audits. He likes to go and AUDIT the RX's he's checked. First of all, we do that so a second set of eyes check to make sure everything is right. We've caught stuff that he's missed when he AUDITS. And he's been screwing up CII's.
School starts in 2 weeks and I've never been this excited. I got all my school supplies ready this evening. Yes, I'm that bored.

More rambling later.

No comments: